GANDHIAN STUDY CENTRE
Aim :- Gandhian principles of non-violence, self sufficiency, communal harmony, simple living and truth are indispensable for tackling present day problems such as poverty, illiteracy, unemployment, etc. Gandhian principles help one to reshape the lost morality and regain humanity. We are still awed by the uniqueness of Gandhiji’s simple living and high thinking while at the same time practising his preaching. It is no surprise that to some extent they are relevant and are followed not only in India but also by many leaders all over the world. Gandhian ways and his ideals seem to be the only solution to overcome the present ever growing problem of terrorism. The path shown or followed by Gandhiji at that time still remains a very valid one if somebody chooses to tread on it. In today’s scenario,’ Eye for an Eye’ is no solution as it aggravates the situation. Peaceful coexistence, economic independence, respect for women, child centered education and basic education for everyone, universal brotherhood – all these principles should serve as a beacon of light to guide humanity to a better world. The primary objective of the Gandhian Study Centre in our college is the study and dissemination of knowledge of the life, thought, values and ideals of Mahatma Gandhi. These activities focus on different aspects of Gandhian philosophy in their contemporary context, and on themes relevant to the thought, values and concerns of the father of the nation.
Nature of activities of Gandhian Study Centre
- The Centre strives to propagate knowledge about the father of the nation, and the values and ideals that he upheld among the college fraternity as well as the community around.
- It seeks to sensitise and facilitate the inculcation of Gandhian values among students by familiarizing them with the life and values enunciated by Mahatma Gandhi.
- The objectives of the Centre are carried out through the organisation of seminars, workshops, special lectures, quiz, debate and literary competitions, publication of books, booklets and newsletters; exhibitions; awareness programmes; and other community outreach and extension programmes.
Activities of Gandhian Study Centre (2019-20)
- As part of Gandhi Jayanthi celebrations, a campus cleaning programme was organised on October 4, 2019.
- Organised a quiz programme Do you know Mahatma Gandhi?
- By displaying a Gandhian thought for the day on the college notice board everyday
- The Gandhian Study Centre organised a discussion forum on the topic 'Are the Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi still relevant in the 21st Century' on 14 October 2019.
- The Gandhian Study Centre organised a Lecture on '150 Years of Gandhi' on 12th December 2019 by Dr Jacob Pulickan, Director, Gandhi Centre for Rural Development, Thiruvananthapuram
Contact Club Representative
- Mr. Pradeep S
- Dr. Manju A
- Dr. Veena J
- Dr. Poornima Vijayan
Click Here to View Club's Gallery
Click Here to View Club's Activities